UIC Faculty Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award
To recognize extraordinary contributions and commitment to the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion on our campus and/or the communities it serves. This includes exceptional and impactful initiatives that include but are not limited to the following:
- Efforts to create a diverse, inclusive, and egalitarian educational and work environment
- Efforts to advance equal access to education among diverse populations
- Efforts to promote a just and egalitarian society
- Efforts in teaching, public service, and/or community engagement that address the needs of Illinois’ diverse and/or historically excluded populations
- Research initiatives that highlight and advance equity, diversity, and social justice
- Efforts to strategically support minoritized and underserved populations
Guidelines Heading link
- Faculty (Professor through Instructor), who are in a clinical, pre-clinical, research, or administrative area and who are based at UIC/UIH or a UIC-affiliated hospital or institution and have been employed at UIC a minimum of two years.
- May be nominated by faculty, staff, or students. Self-nominations are accepted.
- If self-nominated, the faculty should include a one-to-two-page description of their project/contribution, as well as three letters of support and a CV.
- Noteworthy significance and impact of the project/initiative/contribution(s) to the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Implemented a project/initiative and/or program(s) that cultivates and models UIC’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Provides evidence of sustained commitment to project/initiative/contribution(s). This can include listing of scholarly contributions, teaching, and mentoring experiences and campus or community service and programming.
- Served as an outstanding advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The review panel will make its determinations based on the following required nomination materials, which must be included with all nominations. Conciseness and brevity are encouraged. Failure to supply all required materials may result in a returned application requiring further clarification and additions.
- Required Checklist – Checklist must be submitted as the first page of the nomination packet
- A letter of nomination, which can be from faculty, staff, community partners or students (a one-to-two-page description of the persons’ project/contribution). Candidates can self-nominate.
- This letter should include a one to two page description of the candidate’s extraordinary contributions/initiatives and explain how they meet the DEI criteria described in the award (Nominators should keep in mind that nomination materials will be reviewed at the campus level by a panel of faculty from differing disciplines).
- Three detailed letters of support describing the impact of the candidate’s DEI work (at least one letter should be from a senior faculty member).
- Nominee’s current curriculum vitae
Please submit complete nomination packets at the link provided at the bottom of this webpage.
UIC Faculty, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Award recipients will be notified by mid-summer.
Award recipients will be recognized at the Faculty Awards Ceremony and Reception held the last Wednesday of October.
Deadline Extension Heading link
The deadline for submitting award nominations has been pushed back from February 18th to March 4th!