RISE Act Application Workshop Registration
Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid (RISE Act) Application Workshop
Thank you for confirming your spot for the Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid (RISE Act) Application Workshop. In order for you to complete the application successfully you will need to bring all required documents (see below).
The Honors College Lab and Student Center East Lab (4th flr) will not require you to bring a laptop. All other workshop locations will require a fully charged laptop along with your charger.
For any additional questions regarding your application please contact the UIC Office of Financial Aid and/or Tanya Cabrera, Assistant Vice Provost for Student Inclusion, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.355.0011 for support.
- 2018 federal income tax returns (parent taxes for dependants), W-2s, and other records of money earned such as income earned from work and business, child support paid or received and any other untaxed income.
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- Dates of birth, including the month, day and year
- Month and year of marriage, separation, divorce or other change in marital status
- Parents of dependent students will also need most of the same information listed above (even though the page indicates this is for FAFSA the same logic will apply for RISE) https://www.isac.org/students/before-college/financial-aid-planning/completing-the-fafsa/dependency-status.html)
- Reliable personal email address for student
- Separate email address for parent if student is a dependent
- List of colleges you would like to attend
- Transgender applicants who have a Social Security Number should be prepared to provide it in the pre-screening section of the application
January Session Dates, Times and Locations
|Tuesday, January 21st||Wednesday, January 22nd||Thursday, January 23rd||Tuesday, January 28th||Wednesday, January 29th||Thursday, January 30th|
|11 a.m. - 2 p.m.||Honors College||4th Floor Lab, Student Center East||Honors College||Honors College||4th Floor Lab, Student Center East||Honors College|
|3 p.m. - 7 p.m.||***LARES***||***Latino Cultural Center***||***LARES***||***LARES***||Honors College||***African American Cultural Center***|
February Session Dates, Times and Locations
|Tuesday, February 4th||Wednesday, February 5th||Thursday, February 6th||Tuesday, February 11th||Wednesday, February 12th||Thursday, February 13th|
|11 a.m. - 2 p.m.||Honors College||***LARES***||Honors College||Honors College||***Latino Cultural Center***||Honors College|
|3 p.m. - 7 p.m.||***LARES***||Honors College||***African American Cultural Center***||***LARES***||Honors College||***Visitors Center***|
Where to go?
Honors College Lab – 828 S. Halsted St., room 102 Burnham Hall
4th floor Lab, Student Center East – 750 S. Halsted
Latin American Recruitment and Educational Services (LARES) – 1200 W. Harrison, room 2640 Student Services Building
Latino Cultural Center – 803 S. Morgan, Lecture Center B2
African American Cultural Center – 830 S. Halsted, room 209 Addams Hall
Visitors Center – 1220 W. Harrison, room 2379 Student Services Building