UIC Student Resources
UIC is committed to your safety and success. The following is a list of internal and external resources to support you.
UIC is firmly committed to the principles of opportunity and equality and that means keeping our students safe.
Office of Access and Equity (OAE): Caryn Bills-Windt, Director
Contact OAE if you experience harassment or discrimination.
717 Marshfield Building (MAB)
Campus Advocacy Network (CAN): Andie Celerio, Assistant Director
Provides you with confidential, anonymous, free services to UIC students who have experienced some form of sexual misconduct.
1101 W. Taylor Street, 3rd Floor (above Chicago Public Library)
Campus Police: Kevin Booker, Chief of Police
Should you need the assistance of campus security, please contact:
1140 S. Morgan St.
FIRE/EMERGENCY: 5-5555 Non-Emergency (312) 996-2830
Dean of Students: Linda Deanna, Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Provides you with a student-centered learning environment that offers support, advocacy, and resources that contribute to student success.
1200 W. Harrison St.
Mental Health & Wellness
UIC believes in the importance of self-care to keep your mind and body healthy. Below are UIC centers to match your self-care needs.
Counseling Center: Joseph Hermes, Director
1200 W. Harrison, Suite 2010
Pop-Up Pantry & Wellness Center: Carol Peterson, Director
750 S. Halsted, Student Center East Room 238
Connecting with other Students
UIC believes in the importance of creating peer to peer communities. Below are student organizations you can become involved.
Center for Student Involvement: Joy Vergara, Director
750 S. Halsted, Student Center East 340
Connecting for Support
UIC believes in the importance of spaces on campus where students feel comfortable sharing resources and experiences.
- African-American Cultural Center: aacc.uic.edu (312) 996-9549
- African American Academic Network: studentaffairs.uic.edu/aaan/ (312) 996-5040
- Arab American Cultural Center: arabamcc.uic.edu (312) 355-2974
- Asian American Resource and Cultural Center: aarcc.uic.edu (312) 996-9569
- Disability Resources Center: drc.uic.edu (312) 996-2183
- Gender and Sexuality Center (LGBTQ): genderandsexuality.uic.edu (312) 413-8619
- Latin American Recruitment and Educational Services (LARES) Program: lares.uic.edu (312) 996-3356
- Levine Hillel Center at UIC: metrochicagohillel.org (312) 829-1596
- Native American Support Program: studentaffairs.uic.edu/nasp/ (312) 996-4515
- Rafel Cintron Latino Cultural Center: latinocultural.uic.edu (312) 996-3095
- Student Veteran Affairs: dos.uic.edu/studentveteranaffairs.shtml (312) 996-4857
- Women’s Leadership and Resource Center: wlrc.uic.edu (312) 413-1025
UIC Quick Guide
U and I Care Network
Dean of Students
Centers for Cultural Understanding and Social Change
Office of Access and Equity
Office of Diversity
Office of International Services
For further access to UIC resources