The University of Illinois at Chicago is now an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD). Our membership symbolizes our ongoing institutional commitment to enhance mentoring and professional development opportunities, one of the strategic goals outlined in the Mosaic for UIC Transformation. NCFDD is a nationally recognized center for mentoring excellence dedicated to helping faculty, post-docs, and graduate students make successful transitions throughout their academic careers by providing professional development, training, and mentoring. NCFDD resources are applicable across fields of inquiry and focus on a range of topics that include strategies for increasing productivity, writing grants, overcoming academic perfectionism, developing a daily writing plan, managing time more effectively, maintaining work-life balance, and resolving conflicts, among others. The benefits of NCFDD membership include greater success with publications and securing external funding for research, increased confidence as an independent scholar, healthier relationships with departmental colleagues, and more.
As an institutional member of the NCFDD, UIC’s graduate students, post-docs, and faculty can sign up for a sub-account at no cost. Once you sign-up you will have access to resources and support outlined below.
Membership Includes Access To:
- The Monday Motivator (weekly email including productivity tips)
- Monthly core curriculum, guest expert webinars, and multi-week courses
- The Career Center resources
- Audio and video recordings, slides and transcripts from all webinars
- Moderated monthly writing challenges and monthly mentor matches
- Discounted Faculty Success Program registration
- Online accountability and tracking software to alumni of the Faculty Success Program
- Private discussion forum for peer-mentoring and problem solving
How to Activate your UIC Institutional Membership
- Visit www.FacultyDiversity.org/UIC
- Fill in your Registration Information at the bottom of the page
- Complete the registration process
- You will receive a welcome email within 24 business hours confirming that your account is active and that you can access NCFDD resources